I've been making this recipe even before I became vegan. I fell in love with these soft decadent biscuits and had to find out how to make them. And now years after my first try, I'm happy to share with you my Vegan recipe.
The milk and vinegar mix, can be replaced with apple sauce if you would like the cookies to be even softer, but for longer shelf life I would recommend the milk and vinegar.
The biscuits will come out hard, but the Dolce De Leche will soften them to the right delicious measure.
Have fun and let me know how you did :-)
200gr Soft Non-Dairy Butter
200gr Icing Sugar
1.5 tbsp. Apple Vinegar
30 ml Non-Dairy Milk
80gr Vanilla flavour puddings powder
200gr Corn Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
For the middle cream: Vegan Dolce De Leche.
For the decoration: Desiccated coconut.
- Mix the Non-Dairy milk with the apple vinegar and let stand for a about 5 minutes.
- In a ball, mix the butter and icing sugar, to a smooth mixture.
- Add the milk and vinegar and mix well.
- Sift the rest of the ingredients and work it until you get a uniform dough.
- Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Heat up the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Roll the dough to 0.5 cm thickness and cut circles of 5cm (for a big cookie) or 3cm (for a mini cookie).
- Lay the cookies on a baking paper covered oven pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be light gold on the margins and very light in the centre.
- Let it cool completely
- Preparing the sandwich: apply ½ a tsp of the Dolce De Lech to the back side of one mini cookie (1 tsp for the big cookie).
- Attache to it another back-side cookie to create the sandwich and squeeze a bit.
- Roll the sandwich in desiccated coconut and let it rest for a bit in a cool place.